Generator, Hauling and Manifest Information
Special wastes can be any potentially infectious medical waste (PIMW), hazardous waste, pollution control waste or industrial process waste. The regulations which govern the proper generation, hauling and manifesting of these wastes can be found in 35 Ill. Adm. Code Subtitle G: Waste Disposal. Certain aspects of the Illinois Environmental Protection Act also regulate these activities.
Guidance for Special Waste Generators:
- Do I Have a Special Waste?
- The Procedure for Certifying a Waste is not a Special Waste
- How Do I Manage My Hazardous Waste?
- Does My Business Need Generator Identification Numbers and Manifests?
(includes information for properly managing wastes)
- Hazardous Waste Reporting Forms
- Non-Hazardous Special Waste Reporting: You will need to use a copy of the manifest available here if your company generates non-hazardous special waste. These manifests may be purchased from a third party if necessary. Instructions for completing the manifest are available here
- Fact Sheets for Managing Certain Types of Special Wastes
Guidance for Waste Transporters and the Use of Manifests:
- Transportation Permits and Manifests
- Regulations Pertaining to the Generation, Hauling and Manifesting of Special Waste:
- Special Waste (general) 35 Ill. Adm. Code 808 and 809
- Hazardous Waste 35 Ill. Adm. Code 722, 723, 726, 728, 729
- Medical Waste 35 Ill. Adm. Code 1420, 1421, 1422, 1450
- Potentially Infectious Medical Waste Requirements