Application for a One-Day Household Hazardous Waste Collection
Proposed Collection Site
Collection site requirements:
- Illinois EPA contractors require a large, open area with sufficient space to allow for semi-trailers, a large tent, several roll-offs and other equipment.
- A long queuing area with separate entrance and exit is required to accommodate traffic flow.
- Illinois EPA personnel and contractors need access to the site from 12:00 noon Friday until midnight Saturday.
As noted above, some documentation cannot be submitted electronically and must be submitted by postal mail or in person, including:
- Proof that the appropriate governmental unit(s) (e.g. County Board, City Council, Village Mayor) is/are aware of and support(s) the project's scope (if the applicant is not a unit of local government).
- A photograph, sketch and map of the area of the proposed collection site. (See item 4 above.)
- A letter of permission from the property owner (if the property owner of the site is someone other than the applicant).
Send the supporting documentation requested above to:
Illinois Environmental Protection Agency
Bureau of Land #24
Materials Management and Compliance Section
1021 North Grand Avenue East
P.O. Box 19276
Springfield IL 62794-9276
Applicants are not chosen on a first-come, first-served basis. If you have any questions concerning this application, contact the Materials Management and Compliance Section at (217) 524-3300 or email Illinois EPA.