Community Water Supply Testing Program
Fiscal to Calendar Year Transition Period
(July 1, 2023 through December 31, 2023)
The Illinois EPA Laboratory is transitioning the service period from fiscal year to calendar year to match the compliance sampling schedule. In order to facilitate this transition, this service period will run from July 1, 2023 to December 31, 2023. The next service period will run from January 1, 2024 to December 31, 2024, and a new invoice will be sent once compliance has set your schedule for that year. Due to this short period, we are locking in our testing prices for 18 months. This will give you consistent pricing through this service period and next. We are also allowing facilities who know they will use our lab for calendar year 2024 to "pre-enroll."
We Want To Be Your Laboratory
The Illinois EPA Laboratory provides comprehensive water testing for hundreds of Illinois community water supply facilities. Our pricing is based on our operating cost and we make no profit in offering this service. Our focus is entirely on providing the best, most accurate and reliable data to our clients with great customer service.
The Illinois EPA is committed to providing our customers 3C Satisfaction: Cost, Convenience, and Customer Service.
- We provide total chemical, radiological and microbiological testing. Since microbiological testing has such a short hold time, we coordinate with several regional laboratories to provide this testing. If you choose one of these laboratories, we will take care of all the coordination for the testing saving you the time and effort of dealing with multiple laboratories.
- We accept online electronic payments.
- We will ship your sample kits with everything needed to collect your samples simply, safely and correctly. Your sample kits will include: all containers needed, ice packs and thermal coolers when necessary, any containers with chemical preservations will include a material safety and data sheet and detailed sampling instructions.
- We report all your compliance sample results to SDWIS saving your facility the time and responsibility of completing this requirement.
- We work closely with your facility and the Compliance and Assurance Section, acting as your liaison. We will assist you in remaining in compliance with your sampling schedule and will track your samples ensuring they are taken on time. If it comes close to the end of the sampling period and you have not submitted your sample, we will give you a courtesy call to remind you.
- We offer a Courier Service which enables you to drop your samples off at your local EPA regional office or the IDNR field office in Benton. Following the schedule, the samples will be delivered to our Lab saving your facility the cost of shipping the samples.
CWSTP Participation and Invoice Options
CWSTP Participation and Invoice Options
When you receive your Participation Notice and invoice you will be able to choose from three options outlined below. Regardless to whether or not you choose our laboratory for your required water testing, please return your completed and signed invoice informing us of your intentions by May 26, 2023.
- No Participation: You will use another laboratory for your required chemical and coliform testing and you will be responsible for reporting these results to the IEPA
- Participation: You contract our lab to perform your required chemical testing.
- You also have the option to choose our lab for your coliform testing or one of our contract labs where we will coordinate the testing and payment for you. There is an “Other” option for you to choose the coliform lab of your choice where you will coordinate testing and pricing directly with them.
- Participation Through the Transitionary Period: If you are participating and know you will have our lab do your testing next year, you can also select this option to “pre-enroll” for the next service period that will run from January 1, 2024 through December 31, 2024.
NOTE: Chemical testing is required for participating in the CWSTP. If you are participating in the CWSTP you may choose another lab for your coliform testing but you cannot have our lab do your coliform testing and not chemical.
- Check: Make your check out to the Illinois EPA and the amount of the check includes the sum of your chemical and coliform testing. Your completed invoice must accompany your check.
- Online Credit Card: We are now accepting online payments. If you are interested in this method, follow this link and contact one of the laboratory contacts below for instructions.
When mailing your Participation Notice and Invoice back to the lab, please ensure:
- Your check is included with your invoice. Your facility will not be enrolled until we have received payment.
- That you do not send a check without your invoice. We need your signed and completed invoice to enroll your facility.
- That your invoice is filled out completely, your participation choices are marked. If participating, you added the chemical amount with the coliform amount to calculate your total and that the contact information at the bottom completed and signed.
Regardless of your participation status, please send your completed and signed invoice by May 26, 2023 to the laboratory at:
825 N Rutledge Street, 4th Floor
Springfield, IL 62702
Choose the Illinois EPA Laboratory
We take great pride in being the Gold Standard for Iaboratory testing in Illinois. We employ a full staff of chemists and laboratory specialists dedicated to providing the best quality data possible while protecting the state’s citizens and environment. If you would like more information on what we could do for your facility or have any questions regarding this program, please contact us below:
It is very important that we have a complete and accurate list of contact information. Please review your contact information. If there are any changes, please complete the Notification of Ownership form. After completing the form, please send it to:
Illinois EPA - BOW #19
1021 North Grand Avenue East
P.O. Box 19276
Springfield, IL 92794-9276