Skip to main content

Noise Pollution

While Illinois EPA does not have an active noise control program, regulations can be viewed on the Internet at the Pollution Control Board's Environmental Regulations page. Any law enforcement office can enforce these regulations. If you have a complaint about excessive noise, the following might help.

If the noise is from:

  • Loud motor vehicles, contact your local police department.
  • Airplanes, contact the Federal Aviation Administration 
  • Railroads, contact the Federal Railroad Administration 
  • Industrial, commercial or residential property (such as an air conditioner unit or loud music), contact your local police department or health department.