Skip to main content

Language Access

Illinois EPA Language Access Plan (Léalo en Español)
خطة هيئة الحماية البيئية في إلينوي لتوفير خدمات اللغة

ઇલિનૉય એન્વાયર્નમેન્ટલ પ્રોટેક્શન એજન્સી લેંગ્વેજ એક્સેસ પ્લાન

일리노이 환경보호청(Environmental Protection Agency, 이하 EPA) 언어 서비스 계획

План языкового доступа Агентства по охране окружающей среды штата Иллинойс

Plano sa Language Access ng Illinois Environmental Protection Agency



The Illinois Environmental Protection Agency (IEPA) complies with applicable federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. The IEPA does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.

Individuals that do not use English as their primary language and have a limited ability to read, write, speak, or understand English are considered limited English proficient (LEP). IEPA provides free language services to LEP individuals, such as qualified interpreters and information written in other languages. Please see the IEPA Language Access Plan in the PDF above for more information on language services available to the public and how these services can be accessed. See the information below on how you can access these services.

Language Access Coordinator

All inquiries concerning language services should contact the IEPA's Language Access Coordinator:

Chris Pressnall
(217) 524-1284

Language Access Services

IEPA has staff members fluent in Spanish who can communicate directly with the Spanish-speaking public. Contact the Language Access Coordinator and ask to be routed to a bilingual staff person.

In-Person Interpretation

Those needing interpretation for in-person events hosted by IEPA can fill out the Request for Access Form below or contact the Language Access Coordinator. Requests for in-person oral interpretation should be made at least six weeks in advance of the event. LEP individuals may provide an interpreter of their own choosing at their own expense. You are advised to use discretion when choosing a minor to serve as your interpreter. There may be issues of competency, confidentiality, or conflict of interest when using minor children as interpreters.

Written Translation

IEPA can translate documents such as reports, brochures, fact sheets, and public notices into languages other than English. For a translation, submit a Request for Access Form below. You can find existing translated documents and forms and publications on the IEPA website.

Requests for Access and Grievance Forms

LEP individuals needing language access services as mentioned above may fill out the Request for Language Access form.

LEP individuals who feel they have been discriminated against on the basis of language access may also submit a Grievance Form to the IEPA.