These are the land pollution and waste management topics that we believe might be of most interest to you as a citizen of Illinois. For even more information, visit our main cleanup programs page and our main waste management page.
- Safe disposal of pharmaceuticals and medical sharps, including fact sheets disposal options and locations.
- Household hazardous waste, including acceptable wastes, collection sites and schedules, disposing of medicines, disposing of mercury, used paint, and more.
- Electronic waste recycling, including devices which are banned from landfills, e-waste collection sites, and more.
- Pollutant issues for homes and farms, including septic tanks, asbestos, private wells, and household hazardous waste.
- Illegal dumping, including reporting illegal dumping, proper disposal methods, prevention of illegal dumps, and the Open Dump Cleanup Program.
- Waste disposal, including construction and demolition debris, dead animal disposal, fluorescent lamps, used tires, used oil, and more.
- Compostable Waste Collections, including guidelines, regulations regarding One-Day Compostable Waste Collection Events and Permanent Compostable Waste Collection Points.
For even more information, visit our main cleanup programs page and our main waste management page.